CEE 411 - Construction Management II
The course covers advanced topics in construction engineering and management, with an emphasis on resource-constrained scheduling, construction law, construction simulation, building information models and 3D/4D visualizations of construction projects. Additional topics covered are as listed below:
- Resource allocation,
- Resource-constrained scheduling,
- Competitive bidding and qualifications-based selection,
- Project controls and earned-value analysis,
- Discrete-event simulation of construction operations and queuing models,
- Building information models (BIM),
- 3D/4D simulations.
Course Delivery Tools
The aforementioned topics are taught on the basis of a specific construction project (term project) and with the help of specialized construction-related software (Oracle Primavera P6, Revit, MS-Excel, Navisworks).