CEE 513 - Contracts and Specifications
The course covers basic concepts in risk analysis, for civil and environmental engineers, with an emphasis on applications from both fields. A summary of the topics covered is listed below:
- Probabilities (discrete and continuous distribution functions),
- Estimation of probability distribution functions,
- Sampling and confidence intervals,
- Sensitivity analysis,
- System reliability (parallel and in-series systems),
- Networks (transportation and water distribution networks),
- Pattern recognition, clustering and artificial neural networks,
- Stochastic networks (PERT),
- Markov chains,
- Survival analysis.
Course Delivery Tools
The aforementioned topics are taught on the basis of a specific civil/environmental project (term project) and with the help of specialized software (Oracle Primavera P6, MS-Excel, Matlab, Oracle Crystal Ball).